Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

virtual mem low.

• Please log in to reply

mawmaw

mawmaw

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I have a virtual mem low error that comes up on occasion. I cant get sp2 back on my comp. can't install anti virus and comp locks up alot. I have a gateway pent 4.proc.speed 2.4 ghz, system bus speed 533 mhz, system memory speed 333 mhz. Cache Ram 512 kb my card is a 512mb DDR333. I went to the comp store to get more mem and she tried to pull up my serial num. it is saying it is a celeron not pent 4. she wants me to tell her How much Ram my comp can support and i cant get in touch with gateway. No warranty you see. she shinks i need a 3200 (up from my 2700) but we're not sure it will take it. I need to get this working any ideas? and don't say buy a new one cause my husband will say absolutly not. :)

Advertisements

mawmaw

mawmaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
sorry wrong board

westcparts

westcparts

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Don't know if this may help, but on 98SE it allow me to select where my virtual mem is located
i have 2 drives C & D. my software is stored on C(makes for good backups with Ghost and a firewire hard drive) my system runs the virtual on the D drive(allocate whatever it requires)..just use the D drive for storage of pics, backup of installed items etc..but it does allow me to use all the system needs for its requirements, except now have a mem resource problem<grin>
Michael