Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

drama-queen

drama-queen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I moved outlook *.pst to a different mapped drive. I renamed the old mapped drive and disconnected it. I opened outlook and it asked for the pst folder, I navigated to new location and clicked on pst folder - then outlook asked for the folder again. I navigated to new location and clicked on pst folder again. Now two folder show in outlook bar and they are the same folder. Help. What can I do to fix this?

thank you - :tazz:

Advertisements

I_am_MAD_Alice

I_am_MAD_Alice

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Open Outlook, clicke "tools" "Data File Management" in the window select one of the location paths to the pst. Then click on the button "Remove", now close the window and see if one of the folders is gone. Post back if that did not work.

drama-queen

drama-queen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I thank MAD Alice for her reply. This WORKED!!!! Just a side note if anyone else wants to try this correct procedure for fixing the problem I had. In Outlook 2003 I had to Cick "tools", "options", "mail setup tab" and then "Data Files". I cannot thank you enough as the problem was on the one machine whose user no one wants to deal with. You are an angel.

:tazz: