Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help on my monitor

• Please log in to reply

tntran

tntran

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
im not good with technology but i know some basics. Other day my computer monitor just goes black and the on button just keeps flashing on and off for couple seconds then stays lit. I tried pulling out the power cord and disconnected from my computer. It worked for a while but now it came back and can't use the same method no more. I know its not my computer because i disconnected from the computer and turned the power on and the problem is still the same. I think my monitor is busted but can't say so until proven. Thanks for you help.

Advertisements

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
might be something with the power button, but just to be sure, can you test ur monitor on a diff comp, and a diff monitor on ur comp.

tandy390

tandy390

• Pip
  • 4 posts
sounds broken to me :) i would deff try it on a diffrent computer to know for sure.

tntran

tntran

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah i do want to try it on a different computer, but i dont have one. Its really weird, if i keep it on when the on button flashes on and off for an hour the monitor sometimes turn on with the desktop or it stays black without the on button flashing. Its a 50-50 shot to use my monitor lol. Thanks for replying

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Yeah i do want to try it on a different computer, but i dont have one. Its really weird, if i keep it on when the on button flashes on and off for an hour the monitor sometimes turn on with the desktop or it stays black without the on button flashing. Its a 50-50 shot to use my monitor lol. Thanks for replying

Then how are you posting here? Are you at work? If that is the case, then just ask a friend/family member if you can borrow their monitor to test and make sure it's the monitor that is bad and not the video card on your computer that is shot.