Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Unregister or re-register Microsoft Office 2007

• Please log in to reply

promoter

promoter

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Weird things have been happening on my computer so I thought I should uninstall my big programs (Office Suite 2007 and Adobe Creative Suite 2) and reinstall them in hopes of fixing the problems. I started with Office. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it will not accept my product key. It tells me that the key is incorrect. How can I unregister Office so that I can re-register my copy or tell Microsoft that it's the same computer using my Office product?

I noticed that it will cost me $50 to ask Microsoft (so I really hope I can find a solution here) and I haven't had luck searching Microsoft's Help Center. What to do?!

Advertisement

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Replace Lost Office Product Keys

To obtain a new product key for your Office program in the United States, call 1-800-936-5700 and speak to a Microsoft customer service representative. Outside of the United States, call the number that appears in the activation wizard.

When you call Microsoft for a new Office product key, have the following items available for the customer service representative:

* The product CD-ROM
* The computer on which you want to install Office
* The readable parts of your original product key (if available)
* The ProductID information in the registry

OTHER GOOGLE SOURCES

Edited by Major Payne, 03 October 2008 - 12:29 PM.

promoter

promoter

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks. I did that and now everything's resolved.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. Great to hear it got resolved.

Advertisement