Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with computer purchase. Doesn't have an OS

• Please log in to reply

- Q

- Q

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...id=p3911.c0.m14

Can tell me about if the specs on this are worth it? It has a 3.6 intel GHZ CPU and i read that a PC game i want to play called Mass Effect, has min requirement of about 2.0GHZ AMD or 2.4GHZ Intel.

This says it doesn't have an operating system. If i buy this, can i just take the harddrive with XP out of my old computer and install it into this will it work? Or should I spring forward for Vista?

Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This system is hardware that's at least two, maybe three years old.
The graphics card is lower than the rest of the system but then it wasn't designed for gaming, more for CAD work than anything else.

As to operating system you can't just swap the hard drive and expect it to work, it'd need a repair.