Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winamp not staying maximized once opened!

• Please log in to reply

Jan LaFata

Jan LaFata

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I posted a thread in the Winamp forum on this, but didn't get the answer I was looking for, so I thought I'd try you guys. I'm running the latest version of Winamp Pro on Vista Home Basic x64. Many times, but not always, when I click on the Winamp icon in my Quick Launch taskbar, the program briefly opens, then quickly minimizes back to the taskbar.

I did check in properties and Run is set to Normal Window. I even tried switching it to Maximized once, to see if that would do any good. It didn't. I also check in Winamp options and Always On top is checked.

I also reinstalled the program right on top of the existing one and that made no difference. Then I completely uninstalled Winamp, then reinstalled it, but I still I get the same problem! And like I mentioned, the problem is intermittent.

I'm stumped!
Jan LaFata

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Jan,

While I appreciate your quest for an answer to your issue, I see that you have spammed every forum out there trying to get your issue resolved. Not only does this make if very hard to research your issue, but most helpers will abandoned your cause due to the spamming.

What skin / theme are you running? Have you tried switching skins to see if that resolves the issue? Please document any and all things you have tried.

Jan LaFata

Jan LaFata

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
starjax,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "you have spammed every forum out there trying to get your issue resolved". If you mean, do I send my report to other free tech sites, then yes I do. About five to seven of them. And most of the time I usually get three or four responses that way. But how do you know this? And really why is that so wrong?

The reason I do that, is because I am very thorough and detail oriented about my computer and I am the same way when I write up a post. I do this, because I have learned that not all of the so-called volunteer "technicians" really know what they're talking about or sometimes even know more than i do!.

And many times I get some completely ridiculous answers, which shows that someone really has not put their heart into it. So by sending the post to several sites, I find I have a better chance of getting a decent response from someone with experience and brains, and who sincerely is concerned about helping me.

I mean, I am not stupid, and I have a lot of common sense. And most of the time I have usually already tried the more obvious fixes. But some responses I get just seem like the techs are "grasping at straws". And I've never had a problem before or heard a complaint about me sending to multiple sites, from anyone, that is until your response.

So if it's just a problem that your site has with me, I just will not ask you for any more help. Simple as that

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Jan,

The point I was making is that most helpers will not help someone who has spammed a very large number of forums. It makes it difficult in tracking your issue and researching it. For example, I went through something like 5 pages in google before I gave up trying to find better info. I have no idea what has been previously suggested. If you would really like for us to help you, then please let us know what hasn't worked.

Near as I can tell, your issue is being caused by a skin for winamp. I've seen numerous issues with the "modern" skin being reported. Have you tried a different skin for winamp?