Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Cords

• Please log in to reply

momstheword

momstheword

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there:

These are probably very dumb questions but....http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif

Is there any significant difference in USB cords?

What is that little cyclinder shaped thing attached to some?

Is it better to use the supplied USB cord with a device?

The reason I'm asking is that I have had 2 USB issues lately (1) Fly Pen does not sync in with computer when attached through USB (2) Palm Z22 log states "The connection with the handheld was lost" when I do a hotsync through USB. Recently installed AvantGo software. I hate having a ton of cords in my drawer so have been using the same one for all functions.

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks!

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
A USB cable is just a USB cable, as long as the ends match the device. Some older devices are still usb 1.0 and usb 2.0 may not recognise. It does not matter what cable you use as long as it matches.
Sounds like you may have a usb issue such as the driver.

Look in control panel/ system/ hardware/device manager for any issues.