Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sprtcmd.exe - WINDOWS SHUT DOWN

• Please log in to reply

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
So it worked? Did it solve your issue?

Hope it did :).

Sorry if it was an annoying process. Some things are unknown trial/error. Hope it worked out. If not let me know.

Advertisements

suplepa

suplepa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I know this is a little late, but I ran into the same issue with sprtcmd.exe on shutdown. The quickest way to get around issues with uninstalling Dell Support Center is to open up MSCONFIG, disable all Startup Items, then go to the Service Tab, hide all MS services and disable the remaining services, click ok, reboot, then uninstall Dell Support Center. Then go back into MSCONFIG and change it back to Normal Boot, reboot and you should be done.

mxd6

mxd6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

So it worked? Did it solve your issue?

Hope it did :).

Sorry if it was an annoying process. Some things are unknown trial/error. Hope it worked out. If not let me know.

AitrusSkyy.

I've tried everything possible fix to this point without any luck.
I'll be attempting the one below later this afternoon or early evening.

Thanks!
Mike

John94903

John94903

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I've tried everything possible fix to this point without any luck.
I'll be attempting the one below later this afternoon or early evening.

Thanks!
Mike[/b]

Did uninstalling Dell Support Center solve the problem? If so, then why not live without the Support Center and keep the download on hand in case you need to reinstall it for a specific problem?

John

mxd6

mxd6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

I know this is a little late, but I ran into the same issue with sprtcmd.exe on shutdown. The quickest way to get around issues with uninstalling Dell Support Center is to open up MSCONFIG, disable all Startup Items, then go to the Service Tab, hide all MS services and disable the remaining services, click ok, reboot, then uninstall Dell Support Center. Then go back into MSCONFIG and change it back to Normal Boot, reboot and you should be done.

This did the trick and worked!!
Complete close without the warning and my interaction to close the program error.
Thanks!

Mike

mxd6

mxd6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
QUOTE Oct 21 2008, 09:51 AM)

Hello again,

I just wanted to say the trick to defeating DELL SUPPORT CENTER "SPRTCMD.EXE" is to follow the quote above.
Since the program was removed at its weakest link I have not had a problem since.
All my other Dell programs were not effected and work well.
Quite a learning experience but success in ending this defective program.
If required, Dell Support Center can be easily reached thorough the Dell Internet site instead of on your desktop.
Thanks again for every ones assistance!!

All the best - it's a gruel world out there!

Mike

:)