Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What should be the contents of an Information Security Training Progra

• Please log in to reply

Mobi

Mobi

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi,

I am planning to give some awareness and training program in my company. I would like to know how to develop a security training programs for the employees specially the executives. Actually I am not able to select the boundaries and the limits that should be addressed in the training program i.e. the topic and their relevant depth.

So can anyone help me in this regard about the material that should be included in the training program and its depth and breadth? If anyone can provide/share some real documentation/presentation I will really appreciate it.

Advertisements

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Sounds like spam...

Mobi

Mobi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
What you mean by spam???

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
I mean you posted 2 questions in this section of the forums both different things one right after the other. None of them pertain to this threads topic which is "Windows XP™, 2000, 2003, NT".

No offense but I don't see how someone could hire you to give an awareness training program on security when you don't even know what you should do. Not that you can't ask people, but we have no clue what operating systems you are using, what type of work environment you have, what type of network you need/have, and what type of security you are referring to.

It usually sounds like spam when someone posts a few questions in a row without waiting for an answer. Either spam or someone looking to get an answer to their homework question :).

However, the best help I can give is to ask you to search http://www.google.com

Try a search phrase like
security awareness training topics
or
computer security awareness training topics

Mobi

Mobi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Well actually I am working as an Information Security Lead in the comapny and I have deployed and configured many software for security control but since these were technical that’s why I did not face much trouble for deploying these security controls, but giving training to executives and employees is a different thing. I mean I do not know how many areas I should cover and what should be the depth of those topics? How much technical those training program should be?

So far I have configured the following

1. Password Protection and Password Policy

2. Clear Desk and Clear Screen Policy

3.How to share any folder and assign rights

4.How to report the information security incidents

5. Eamil and internet use

6. Viruses and malicious software

But I am not sure whether it is enough or should I go further?