Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Websites load unusually slowly

• Please log in to reply

Joeturf

Joeturf

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Many websites I go to such as YouTube or MSN etc. load slowly most of the time. SOMETIMES they load very quickly like they should, but most of the time my browser gets stuck on (firefox) "Connecting to something.something" or (IE) "Waiting for something.something". When it gets stuck like this, the website sometimes loads after about 20 seconds or gives me a "Network timed out" or "Taking too long to respond" error (the latter happens more often). Funny thing is Google ALWAYS loads very quickly (go Google!) but yeah.. as for most other sites ... :)

This problem started happening like 2 days ago. Yesterday I thought it was just something that would go away after one night but it hasn't :). I am connected to the internet via Ethernet cable so it's not a wireless issue or something. How can I fix this problem whatever it is?

Thanks!

Advertisements