Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse/keyboard problem

• Please log in to reply

pearljammer

pearljammer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a strange problem with my computer that I need help with. Recently, i had to buy a new mouse because my old one started double clicking every time I pushed the mouse button. Anyway, i got a new one (not cordless) and it worked fine for several weeks. However, for whatever reason it wouldn't work when I plugged it into the USB port, only when I plugged it into the regular mouse connection. Now, there seems to be a conflict between the mouse and the keyboard. When I boot my computer I get a "keyboard failure" message and the keyboard doesn't work. But if I boot the computer with the mouse disconnected the keyboard works fine. Sometimes I'll boot with both connected and the keyboard works but the mouse doesn't. Sometimes they both work fine as if there's not a problem. Any suggestions on what I should do? I have all the proper drivers installed for the mouse.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
well you could try resetting the bios to defaults... you say the mouse won't work in the usb, does it not see it at all or just can't id it? Do any USB devices work? Have you tried going to safe mode...

pearljammer

pearljammer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

well you could try resetting the bios to defaults... you say the mouse won't work in the usb, does it not see it at all or just can't id it? Do any USB devices work? Have you tried going to safe mode...

Other USB devices seem to work fine. I don't think it's able to ID it. Everything has worked fine the last few times i've turned on the computer. I have a feeling this problem will happen again, though.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
you could try going into safe mode and uninstalling the mouse and then restarting.... When it reboots just let windows find and install the mouse without putting in any other software... see if that works any better...

pearljammer

pearljammer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

you could try going into safe mode and uninstalling the mouse and then restarting.... When it reboots just let windows find and install the mouse without putting in any other software... see if that works any better...

Thanks for the suggestions!