Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant get ebay or hotmail - page cannot be displayed?!

• Please log in to reply

sakat2

sakat2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all new here so hello and thanks for any help you may give!!! I have a strange problem and I don't remember changing anything to make it occur. The past two days I have been trying to log on to my hotmail account. I get the sign-in screen (minus a few pics just a red cross in a box) type in my password then nothing just get internet explorer cannot display web page. I am using IE8 but have also tried on Firefox and IE7 it gives the same problem. I have deleted cookies and internet history also checked cookies setting in internet options is on medium. When I try and get on ebay it takes ages to load and then comes up in a very strange way no pictures no logos just text links?? Can anyone please help as I really need to get into my hotmail????!!!!!!!

Windows XP
IE 8

Advertisements

Mr George

Mr George

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi! I used to be a semi-active member a while back, lost my sign in stuff though! >..<

I'm experiencing a similar problem! Mine spreadds over to facebook and myspace aswell! I'm on AOl, don't know if that could be a cause! These websites either fail to load or take forever to load a very basic version, this is on My PC, brothers, Archos and PS3 however everything seems to be working on the family computer! They're all connected wirelessly so it can't be that :S
I've deleted my cache, updated java, everything anyone on any websites suggested!

With this fault on my Archos and PS3 I doubt it'd be software related... Could it be my ISP?

Edited by Mr George, 09 October 2008 - 05:50 AM.

Mr George

Mr George

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Mines seemed to have just fixed itself, still all quite slow but everything loads fully after about 30secs! A couple of days since all this started, so it may just be a case of waiting!

sakat2

sakat2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Mine seems to have fixed itself also!!!!!!! I am on AOL aswell so I think it may have been a problem with them?