Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Messed Up Screen Resolution

• Please log in to reply

measureless

measureless

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A little while ago I hooked up my ridiculously large and widescreen monitor to my laptop in order to watch a movie away from my desktop. I had to change the resolution of the laptop experimentally so that the picture displayed correctly on my monitor but now I can't seem to change the laptop's resolution back. It was originally 1024x768 and I've returned it to that size but now everything is kind of blurry and icons and text (and, well, basically everything) are way too big for 1024x768.

I've tried setting the resolution to other sizes and back, but that didn't work. Graphically, 1152x864 looks best but it's too big for the screen. The laptop has been restarted since this all started, as well.

What can I do to fix this? It's driving me crazy!

Thanks!

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Can you do a restore to before this happened?