Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot open emailed pictures

• Please log in to reply

bert67

bert67

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I use AOL (dial up) and YAHOO mail. Recently pictures sent with email will not open. I get the box with an X, which returns after being clicked?? Thanks Bert

Advertisements

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
With most mail websites they have an option tab that lays out security options. In yahoo in the top right there is an options tab, and under mail options is a bunch of various option checkboxes. One of these has to do with blocking images, so maybe this is what you're looking for? I don't use aol mail, but in yahoo, outlook and most others have an option menu.
Hope this helps,
Tony

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Is just your email affected?

bert67

bert67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yahoo Mail Options is set to "always show images"..
Attachments also will not open. A message indicates "The requested URL was not found on this server"
Appreciate any ideas.. thanks Bert