I am looking forward to gutting my current build and putting together a sweet new rig. First, however, I thought I might seek some advice from this forum. The new build is as follows: EDIT -- I already have an ATX case that I'm sticking with, as well as a sound system, monitor, and mouse/keyboard.
Motherboard - ASUS M3N72-D AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
CPU - AMD Phenom 9850 2.5GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Processor - Retail
Video - XFX PVT98GYDLU GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
RAM - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retai
Audio (Carry over from old system) - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value SB0400 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
HD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM and Seagate ST3640323AS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Power - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
- Is the 750W power supply going to be sufficient?
- Do you have any suggestions for hardware that would be more compatible with each other (i.e. better performance due to the hardware working together more efficiently)
- Advice on overclocking this rig
- Might seem like a stupid question, but how much difference am I going to see with this rig compared to my old one: AMD 3000+ (2.2Ghz), 2GB DDR RAM, same sound card, 7300GT 512mb video, 3x IDE Hard Drives
- Any other general suggestions?