Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Smart Web Print problem

• Please log in to reply

Plutox

Plutox

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
I have successfully downloaded and run this application on my PC but on my laptop I have a problem.
It seemingly has downloaded OK - in Add/Remove it is there at 8 odd MB but when I click on 'All Programs' the entry is there but only the help files. There is no Smart Web icon anywhere to start using the program aas there was on my PC.
I have downloaded this twice.
Unfortunately HP support needs a valid hardware serial number for contact which I don't have - can anyone please advise on what I can do to activate this application?
Thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
it works for windows xp and vista. It requires internet explorer.

Download the latest version from here

hp's install instructions

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Thanks for that but that is the site from which twice I have downloaded unsuccessfully, except on my PC.
I do have IE7 and have the same systems on my PC and laptop.XP Home 2.
As my Add/Remove indicates (showing 8 odd MB) that the program is somewhere where and how could I find it and why should it be elsewhere? It seems a mystery.

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Strangely if I open the .exe file again it starts the install wizard as usual but says, 'You have chosen to uninstall ...' This has repeatedly happened on all my Smart Print downloads when I re open the .exe. I even newly downloaded to My Documents instead of Desktop to get another .exe but opening that immediately went to 'You have chosen to uninstall...'!

I downloaded again and this time Add/Remove says the size is 6.7MB and not 8.67MB although there is nothing in 'All Programs' except the Help files. Curiouser and curiouser.

Plutox

Plutox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Amazing news!

I now find I can get the help window displayed by pressing Ctrl and K and then get the app. to work by pressing together Ctrl + Shift +K which is supposed only to work with Firefox!!!
What next?