Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why do some poeple get help quicker than others.

• Please log in to reply

esentric13

esentric13

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello,

I posted a hijack log and had several veiws but no replies. Why do some that only have a post listed for an hour get help quicker than other who have been patiently waiting.

Is this first come first serve or is it based on severity and how easy they can solve the problem?

Also I noticed some of the staff getting edgy or pissy on the forums.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello esentric13...

While we like to get everyone taken care of as quickly as possible, our malware team is vastly outnumbered by people needing help. Some of our experts work from the older topics towards the newer ones and some take on newer topics rather than older ones. We encourage the former practice, but that's not always practical.

Some of the helpers are more comfortable with certain infections and seek them out...still other helpers will look for the tougher infections to take on. This may explain, at least partially, the seemingly random nature of how topics are selected. We DO try to get to everyone in a timely manner, but as you've seen, the Malware Forum presents a pretty formidable workload for the number of staff members we have.

If your topic goes more than three days without a reply, post a link to your topic in The Waiting Room and a staff member will pick it up as soon as they can.

If you have problems with a staff being rude...PM me or any member of the Admin team (we're the red ones). We do not look kindly on rude behavior by any member...especially staff members.

Hope this helped... :)

wannabe1

esentric13

esentric13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Oh.. :) I appreciate your reply. These spyware/ malware tasks i guess are getting trickier.....Where can I find information on safe practices so this does not happen again once Im free and clear. (keep in mind I had to band people from using the internet because for some reason they are addicted to the latest Peer to Peer programs. Ugh.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Tony Klein wrote a pretty good article that might help you understand how to surf safely. How did I get infected in the first place?

Malware is constantly evolving with ever more sophisticated ways to infect and hide in the machine. As a result, malware tools and the techniques used to find and remove malware must also evolve to meet the changing threat. We're also a training site, so you will be helped by some of the best experts on the web. If you'd like to learn more about malware removal, you can apply to Geek U and join those who train here.

Keep in mind that we are all volunteers here... :)