Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SIREN SOUND FROM COMPUTER CASE AND TOTAL FREEZE

• Please log in to reply

Hien

Hien

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i recently built this machine...

CASE: ANTEC THREE HUNDRED

MOBO: P5N E SLI

CPU: Q6600 QUAD CORE

550 WATT COOLERMASTER (EXTREME POWER) POWERSUPPLY...(fairly new)

VIDEO CARD: ASUS GEFORCE 9800 GT HYBRID...

RAM: ALL KINGSTON 3 GB DDR 2

HARDRIVE : SATA: WESTER DIGITAL 220 GB

IDE: SEAGATE 111 GB

the problem started yesterday....i heard the brrrrrrrrr sound and system just froze....i reset it and after while it happened again... and then again.....n then it stopped............i loaded asus pc probe and cheked if the temperature was getting high or sumtin n it was all normal cpu at 40 degrees and mobo at 28 degrees celsius....

it was all normall and then jus before a lil while today it happened again.....this time the sound was less noisy.....i opened up my case and checked if it cud be the fan o sumtin ....but i cudnt figure out where the sound was coming from.....

and to mention the powersupply is fairly new....like prolly 2~3 weeks old....

i would very much appreciate any help.....

i am not sure if its the powersupply like does my config require a higher psu or sumtin

Edited by Hien, 16 October 2008 - 04:29 PM.

Advertisements