Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OUTLOOK NETWORK ISSUES

• Please log in to reply

cgilliam

cgilliam

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a user that, on his on machine, can't acess his outlook. He can log in on any other machine in the network, and retrieve it fine. He can also go through our web addy, acess his mail there, on his on machine, works fine. I can go in under admin login, install outlook mail under his name in admin, and it works on his machine. I have un-installed and re-installed complete office and still the same thing... any ideas?????

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what does "can't acess his outlook" mean? are you getting errors? does it just not connect?

cgilliam

cgilliam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
When he goes to open his email icon(outlook) it displays this message: Unable to open your default email folders. The information store could not open.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...you're going to want to copy any local information that's stored in his user profile (like my documents, anything he's saved on his desktop ect..) to a folder that you can get to later (either in the root of the C drive or on the network somewhere)....then restart the machine and log on as the administrator. Right click "my computer" and choose properties, then choose advanced, then the settings button in the "user profiles" section. locate his user name and press delete. reboot again and have him log on...then set up outlook again then copy back all his personal info

cgilliam

cgilliam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I wil try that and keep you posted. Thank you for your help! I read alot on here, and have learned a great deal from people like yourself! Please keep up the good work!

cgilliam

cgilliam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That worked...... I have been looking at everything I knew, but that made so much sense..... Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah i've had this happen a few times....it's a basic profile corruption