Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error

• Please log in to reply

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
This is on a new build running windows vista home premium 32. Computer shuts down randomly(appears to be mostly after going into hibernate) and goes BSOD. Funny thing if I let it do its auto restart it will not recognize the harddrive. If I let it sit for a few minutes and restart it boots fine. The error I am getting on the BSOD is the following.

Kernel Data Inpage Error
Stop: 0X0000007A
(0XC044E578, 0XC0000185, 0XCE15F8C0, 0XC89CAFB4C)

MSRPC.SYS address 82B14234 base at 82B10000

I called asus and they thought it was a motherboard issue but weren't sure. I have the RMA to send the Mobo in but am trying to make sure that is the problem before i do. Sux being without the computer for a week or 2. Have also had a couple people say it may be a HD issue. Has me perplexed.

oh yeah just before someone asks. CPU temp has not gone over 40c and system temp not over about 36c System is not being overclocked at all.

Build is as follows
Thermaltake Tsunami case
Asus M3N72-D Motherboard
AMD 9850 Phenom Black edition 2.5ghz Quad Core
OCZ Reaper 1066 DDR2 Ram 4gb
Seagate 640gb 7200rpm SATA 3.0gb/sec
EVGA Geforce 9800GTX

Advertisements

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi the Philipsp, Welcome to Geeks To Go.

It does not necessary is the motherboard issue, there are few possibilities that have lead to the issue such as faulty RAM, defective hardwares or even virus infection in your operating system.

If your system stills around, i would like to see your minidump files. For your information, everytime a system crashes a minidump file is created. The minidump file contains the information of the reason of your crashes.

I referred your error as 0x7A Kernel Data Inpage Error and bug check on the error status will show clearly what went wrong with your system. Some of the error status includes

• 0xC000009A, or STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES, indicates a lack of nonpaged pool resources.
  • 0xC000009C, or STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR, typically indicates bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk.
  • 0xC000009D, or STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk.
  • 0xC000016A, or STATUS_DISK_OPERATION_FAILED, indicates bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk.
  • 0xC0000185, or STATUS_IO_DEVICE_ERROR, indicates improper termination or defective cabling on SCSI devices or that two devices are trying to use the same IRQ.

With the explanation above, you can see that there are other factors that will contribute to your system errors.

Therefore, if its possible to have your minidump file here, i might able to help you to understand the cause for the fault.

Thanks

P/S: Sorry if my english is bad.

Note:Edit for typo error.

Edited by sUBtech, 17 October 2008 - 10:54 AM.

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the response Subtech. Yes the system is around. I am actually on it right now. If you can point me in the directions I can't seem to find any minidump files. in sytem restore it was set for kernal dump. Ise just changed it to Small Dump. Maybe I will get something on the next one. Is there anything else i might be able to find to help you? I downloaded a debug but don't know how to use it and don't want to cause damage just poking around.

Thanks again

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there Philipsp,
Thanks for the reply. I was just about to post the instruction for you to search the minidump file here.
But its ok, i will post it here and you can double check with what you have done.

Looking for minidump file

Go to My Computer and locate C:\Windows\Minidump or C:\Minidump. Once you have the minidump folder, please zipped the whole folder and upload it here (using add attachement function) or other web hosting page mentioned below. Please provide the link to download your file.

No minidump file available!!!How??
Do the following if you did not find your minidump file

(Window XP)
  • Right click at My Computer
  • Go to Properties
  • Look at Advanced tab then go for Startup and Recovery
  • Look at Settings and untick Automatic Restart
  • Make sure that write debugging information is Small Memory Dump (64kb)

(Window Vista)
  • Right click at My Computer
  • Go to Properties
  • Look at Advanced System Properties tab then go for Startup and Recovery
  • Look at Settings and untick Automatic Restart
  • Make sure that write debugging information is Small Memory Dump (64kb)

Posted Image

The next time the blue screen appear, a minidump file will be created.

Thanks

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yeah i found one of your posts explaining how and changed everything sho it should create on on the next one. I will post up once it does

Thanks again

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok i have a dump file now. how do I open it and paste it into a reply or how would I attach it? I have been on the phone with microsoft tyring to figure this out too and it seemd to be pointing towards NVIDIA drivers. Anyone heard anything about this?

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there Philipsp
Use the More Option reply function.
You should be able to find a column for adding attachment.

But before that, make sure you zipped the whole folder first,
then add the file as attachment and upload it here.

Thanks

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
attached should be the minidump file

Attached Files

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there Philipsp

Your minidump shows BugCheck Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
Your Kaspersky drivers crashes when it tries to access an address that is invalid in the RAM.

You might be having a faulty RAM running in your system. Please check your RAM if possible. Run memtest+86 or other RAM scanning application to check your RAM.

Thanks

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
OK that was the one the other day after we dropped nvidia drivers. that is the one and only time i have ever gotten that BSOD. it is normally the Kernal data in page error and i have gotten a kernel stack error.

Advertisements

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
My suggestion will be check your RAM 1st,
then proceed by shifting the paging file drive from your current drive to another drive.
It is either because of the paging file or memory cache and hopefully it is not because the error of your L2 Cache in your processor.
Then it will be fine.

Thanks

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ran the memory diagnostic onboard vista. no memory errors were detected...where to now?

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there Philipsp,
You runs your memory testing in the operating system itself?
If no memory errors i might suspect your HDD file paging.
Please have a scan on your HDD for bad sector.
If the HDD scanning still clear, i would have ran out of idea on what is happening.
You can try to remove your RAM from your system and make some clean up on the gold fingers.
It might be some dust that interrupting the performance.

Thanks

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
yeah i ran the mem dianostic tool onboard vista. it runs it on startup. I have also run the Seagate HDD diagnostic tools and the HDD passes all tests as well. I am lost too

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there Philipsp,
Can i know how many RAM do you have in your system?
Combination of 2X2GB or 4X1 GB?
My idea for your issue will be: let your system runs a while for a period of time.
If still BSOD, you might need to run with minimal combination of RAM.
Maybe running with 2GB for your system and monitor which combination of RAM is creating trouble.

Thanks