Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Kernel Data Inpage Error

• Please log in to reply

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Yes I am Running 2x2

Advertisements

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Good day,
If you have spare time.
Run your system with 2X1 at the moment and monitor your system stability.
RAM test no error does not mean the RAM slot is clear and good. :)

Phillipsp

Phillipsp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
will do...When i get home today I will pull one card..

thanks for the ideas

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there Philipsp, hows your system now?
After a thought, i think it would be wise for you to run again a memory test for your system. But this time we will use memtest86+ which operates to test the RAM before booting into windows.

You can refer here for a tutorial on how to download and use memtest for your RAM.
http://www.techspot....topic62524.html

Note to mod: I am not sure whether am allowed to post link to other tech forum. If its legal, please edit my thread. Thanks

rediew

rediew

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello

im having the same error, but the Stop status is 0xc0000010

what does it mean??

im suspecting hard drive failure, since when seagate test utility starts to run full test, it crashes after a while.

thanks

* and no, i dont have a minidump for it bcause it says 'FAILED AT CREATING MINIDUMP' with status 0xc0000010

Edited by rediew, 18 January 2011 - 02:57 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Explanation of error emssage:

STOP: 0x00000010 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) SPIN_LOCK_NOT_OWNED
Explanation:

This is a Windows 2000 Executive character-mode STOP message. It indicates an attempt to release an unowned spin lock.
User Action:

If this is the first time you have booted after installing new hardware, remove the hardware and boot again. Check the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the hardware and its drivers are compatible with Windows 2000. For information about the hardware, contact the supplier. If you are installing Windows 2000 for the first time, check the Windows 2000 system requirements, including the amount of RAM and disk space required to load the operating system. Also, check the Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the system can run Windows 2000. If Windows 2000 is loaded and no new hardware has been installed, reboot with recovery options set to create a dump file. If the message continues to appear, select the Last Known Good option when you reboot. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk. If you do not have an Emergency Repair Disk, contact your technical support group.

rediew

rediew

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
okey... thanks but...

by the sound of it, does it seems my HDD is screwed?

and i should get another one?

any suggestions on how to fix this if replacement is not necessary?

This error appears to me usually on HD intensive tasks, like GTA IV/EFLC;

at first, the system calls me to close the program with the warning of low memmory;

at most times, the error was reproduceable through seagate tools for windows test.

any way to get its logs to see if it helps in any way?

thx

Edited by rediew, 18 January 2011 - 03:26 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, try the Hitachi DFT CD Image version of the software

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

rediew

rediew

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Interesting:

dwidling in eventviewer, we have a Resource-exhaustion-event, which describes:
EFLC (episodes from libery city, the game), msmpeng.exe and svchost.exe as the most consuming applications.

well well well, msmpeng.exe is MS security essencials. maybe it was trying to scan the whole f*king game files as they were being played, which generated huge demand to disk and subsequent data_access_error.
(google search returned similar behavior)

the other information i have to share is that still, in event viewer, the error log of the BSOD as follows:

17:14:15s - Kernel-Power (event Id=41)
17:14:19s - Kernel-EventTracing (id=3)
- Session MS Essencials OBBE stopped due to the error: 0xC000000D (opcode: stop)
17:14:21 - Kernel-PnP (event id=219 (212))
- The driver Driver\WUFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_147E&PID_2016\5&2b18d3fe&0&1

so.

does it means that Security essencials is playing tricks on me or is it that my HD is really failing?

thanks in advance.

rediew

rediew

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, try the Hitachi DFT CD Image version of the software

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

yep, i have already used SeaTools (seagate for windows) and it has been provoking the BSOD during its full auto test. (some other smaller tests run OK).

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to Start then to Run
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On left side click on Disk Management
On right side you will see you hard drive.
Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply. Do the following to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

rediew

rediew

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
here it goes... :D

Attached Thumbnails

• SS_disk.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah it seems the problem is with the OS then. Try the following.

Tutorial for running chkdsk in Win 7 located HERE.

rediew

rediew

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Okey...

ran a full checkdisk scan, which detected bad sectors, marked them etc etc etc and failed to handle events to eventviewer.

ok.

no problem here, my problem starts because I have another BSOD every restart which i find out to be related to the
verifier reset i did before (but didnt restarted) which marked the AnyDvd driver as corruptable.

well, then, i go to safe mode and 'delete' verifier settings.
problem is that now windows wont even load main GUI (possibly due to something verifier was supposed to do).

now i dont know which are the default settings for verifier. i do not want to choose 'full auto check all drivers' because the ones like AnyDVD's will flag up again.
Can you help me on this? which settings should i choose?

attached goes a SS of my current configuration.
how should i setup verifier in order to get all back in order?

Im eagerly awating. :D

Attached Thumbnails

• choices.jpg
  • SS-verifier.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried a system restore back to a point before the issue started?
Follow the steps located HERE and restore back a couple of days before.