Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue stop error

• Please log in to reply

jenni2142

jenni2142

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I recently did clean install of win xp to replace win 2000 pro. i am still getting the blue stop error screen. i have run AVG anti virus, Ad aware, Spybot S&D, all clean. i have updated windows and drivers, still no help. My machine is only 10 months old, i have plenty of memory and the cover is open so it is not overheating, i also have 3 fans and a bay cooler. Sometimes the error says PAGE_FAULT_IN_A_NONPAGED_AREA, normally that line is blank. What could it be? PLEASE help. other than this it seems to run fine.

Advertisements

shark_temp

shark_temp

• Pip
  • 3 posts
god..i hav the same thing, except i cant even get into windows..as soon as xp setup finished from 2000 pro it woudlnt go into windows and just kept displayign the blue thing..

jenni2142

jenni2142

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Have another error message. problem file win32k.sys-An attempt was made to write to read only memory. I also have error problems with ie6. again thanks for any and all help.

jenni2142

jenni2142

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I fixed it!!! I followed the advice for shark temp to test the memory and found that the new memory I had just added was defective. Thanks!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
that was easy <_<