Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with deleting netba32.exe

• Please log in to reply

Djip

Djip

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So I was scanning my computer with ad-aware when I tried to delete some spyware it found, called netba32.exe, when it sort of froze up, so I tried to delete the spyware manually, when it says it's being used by windows and therefore cannot be deleted. Can anyone please help me with this? I would REALLY apreciate it. I'll write down some more information on it.

Vendor: VX2
Category: Malware
Object Type: Process
Comment: (CSI match)

I copied this from the info ad-aware gave.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
vx2 betterinternet....very nasty

Ad-aware, when run properly with the correct plugin, will remove vx2 betterinternet much of the time....Visi the Ad-aware forum in my signature for some help on that.

Djip

Djip

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I configured ad-aware like it was written in the ad-aware forum, but it still freezes up, I couldn't check "During removal, unload explorer and IE if necessary" under "Cleaning Engine", so I think that has something to do with it, but by retail version you mean I have to buy ad-aware right(I'm not a native english speaker)?
So might it work if I disconnect the computer from the internet during the scan instead?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Not suggesting you buy a better version...suggesting you make a post in that forum.

If that fails, please post in the malware forum, also in my signature....this malware is not easily removed, but it can be done manually. I suggested the adaware forum because they have likely encountered this before.