Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mic Issues

• Please log in to reply

gwadien

gwadien

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys

I was wondering if you guys could help me with something, I have been suffering for quite a while with a problem with my Mic and my Newish PC - it hasn't been functioning properly, every time I join ventrilo, it works fine, apart from its a little bit quiet, but its bareable, but when i join a CSS server, I annoyling have to rejoin ventrilo, otherwise my mic severly messes up.

Also, Teamspeak doesn't work at-all I'm afraid..

I thought this was a problem just for myself, but it was also a problem for a friend of mine - could you please help me? =]

Thanks -

Alex | Gwadien.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

I'm going to have a shot at this one as no-one else has replied but I warn you now - I'm not a gamer and I never use a microphone so I may not be much help! This is based purely on what I know from setting up mics on other peoples systems on the odd occasion...

1) Right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of your screen & select Open Volume Control

2) You should see a volume control for the mic. Make sure the Mute checkbox is ticked for the mic volume

3) Next click on Options -> Properties. Make sure the correct device is selected in Mixer Device, then select the 'Recording' Radio button. Make sure that all the items listed in the box below it are ticked.

4) Click OK

5) In the Recording Control window - you will either have 'mute' checkboxes for each item or 'Select' checkboxes. If you have Mute boxes, make sure every Mute checkbox is ticked except for the MIC and Mute All boxes.
If you have 'select' checkboxes, then make sure only the MIC box is ticked.

Let me know how you get on

gwadien

gwadien

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Welcome to G2G

I'm going to have a shot at this one as no-one else has replied but I warn you now - I'm not a gamer and I never use a microphone so I may not be much help! This is based purely on what I know from setting up mics on other peoples systems on the odd occasion...

1) Right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right corner of your screen & select Open Volume Control

2) You should see a volume control for the mic. Make sure the Mute checkbox is ticked for the mic volume

3) Next click on Options -> Properties. Make sure the correct device is selected in Mixer Device, then select the 'Recording' Radio button. Make sure that all the items listed in the box below it are ticked.

4) Click OK

5) In the Recording Control window - you will either have 'mute' checkboxes for each item or 'Select' checkboxes. If you have Mute boxes, make sure every Mute checkbox is ticked except for the MIC and Mute All boxes.
If you have 'select' checkboxes, then make sure only the MIC box is ticked.

Let me know how you get on

You're say is 1000% times better than my say =p

I got to Options -> Properties part, then, it has two choices..

Soundmax HD

OR

HD Audio front mic - I'll give you a warning, I think I'm using a Motherboard soundcard, as my Soundcard didn't fit in my case =P

For HD Audio Front mic, it says only RECORDING and MICROPHONE is the only tickable subject..

Then I get to Soundmax HD

Rear Input and Stereo Mix, Stereo Mix wasn't ticked, so I ticked it OK> Then I can only tick Rear INPUT or Stereo mix, I can only tick one of the two, I'll play around with them mate, but your expert skillz would be awesome =p

Cheers, and a great start with G2G =]

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

Apologies for the delay. I'm assuming that HD Audio front mic refers to the front mic jack, and that rear input is used if you have the mic connected to the jack on the back of the computer. Therefore, I would base the selection between Soundmax HD & front mic on where the mic is actually plugged in.
That said, it may also be worth trying the mic in the other jack as well.