Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TouchPad not working

• Please log in to reply

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Thanks for the help in advance :)

My sister dropped her Dell Inspiron 1150 over to me and the touch pad is not working. I download and installed new drivers hoping that would work, but to no avail. Any suggestions would help.

:)

Excal

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
More than likely the ribbon cable has come loose from the motherboard. On my older Dell laptop i needed to take the 6 screws out from the middle bottom of the laptop to get the keyboard to where it would fall ou if turned upside down. I could then see where the touchpad ribbon cable was pushed into a slot on the motherboard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pictures show the ribbon cable on my old Dell CPI-A laptop. I hope the newer ones are similar.

SRX660

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
i will give it a go when I get home, thanks

Excal

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If that fails, it might be gone (depending on how old the machine is).

Just plug in a USB mouse.

Troy