Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

+=+GrApHicS CaRd DrIvErS+=+

• Please log in to reply

problumchild

problumchild

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hey guys, im having some probs with my geforce fx 5200 128mb graphics card... im running a:
p4 3ghz
400gb worth in harddrives
512 ddr...
14 fans... hehehe :tazz:

crap load of perihperals..
etc etc.. all modified.. etc....

i got these new drivers 4 my graphics card and instead of making it run more efficent.. its done quite the opposite.. i got them to run doom 3 faster..
but instead they have totaly screwd up CZ.. which is getting now between 20-60fps (opengl) instead of the usual 60. plus yes i want doom3 to run smooth 2...

i tired rolling back the drivers but it wont let me/ they screw up half way...
ne help would b greatly appreciated..

p.s 4 ne1 that is interestd.. i have put up sum pix of my comp ...

Attached Thumbnails

• Image_05_.jpg
  • Image_60_.jpg
  • Image_75_.jpg

Advertisements

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Nice Comp

On to the graphics card prob. Why don't you take out the card and insert another card. I'm pretty sure once you take out a card that's not being used, windows erases those drivers for that card. In any case, it will reinstall the whole card fresh when you place it back in. See if you can uninstall the drivers after you take the card out. Try it and let me know what happens

David

problumchild

problumchild

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
yeh thanks david yeh funny enough my pc began as part of a hp package. i took it out and spent a long time making it how it is now.. but i keept the same hard drives.
the hp version of windows xp comes with App/driver recovery etc.. and i did practicaly a fresh reinstall of the card without physically pulling it out.. but cz is still is on a low fps.

i'll try your way though.

cheers

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you said new drivers. are they nvidia drivers or are they "modded" drivers?

problumchild

problumchild

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
yeh they are modded drivers.. n thing is i cant re-install the default nvida ones cuz there are all these error messages that come up. so i had to stick with the drivers i have now.. they have all this xtra overclocking stuff but not worth it if i cant even play the games properly.