Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Everquest periodic freezing and graphic distortion

• Please log in to reply

moonie

moonie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Heyas,

Everquest did a patch a few weeks ago and ever since then i have had periodic freezing which is really bad within the first 5-10 min then clears up (but still randomly occurs when i play). I have also started getting graphic errors such as i go to the bazaar to buy things, i type /bazaar to bring up the search window for items and i get lines and squares flashing all over the place like dicso lights. Things tend to be over pixulated on occasion and instead of coming up as the colours they should be they load up like a rainbow of colours. The 3rd type of graphic problem is pictures where they shouldnt be. For example i loaded up a few days ago and all the rocks in the zone i was in had pictures of boots, masks, shields, food, books etc pasted all over them. EQ ran smoothly before this patch so i am at a loss as to what the problem is. I have tried reinstalling dx9, vid drivers and soundcard drivers and have reinstalled eq. My system is a pent 4 2.40ghz, 1gb ram, Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440-se, ac '97 audio. below is a logfile from running hijackthis (i don't know what if anything to remove so i left it alone!). Any help on this will be appreciated.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 12:51:36 PM, on 6/29/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqwind\eqwgfix.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\unzipped\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://games.yahoo.com/
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: JT's Blocks - http://download.game...ts/y/blt1_x.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E28B3A9-FE83-45D1-B657-D5426B81A121} (CustomerCtrl Class) - http://cs2b.instants...erxsigned41.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macr...ash/swflash.cab

Natasha

Advertisements

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
um, sorry to say this, but i think your video card is shot, if it is doing those things, sorry to say, does it do it in any other games or apps?

bakewells_bloke

bakewells_bloke

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have to confess that I agree with Goladith. I think your graphics card is having problems. Make sure that it's fully directx9 compatible, as SOE have made the game engine directx9 compliant.

<_<