Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

external mad dog dvd rw burner driver

• Please log in to reply

ekikos

ekikos

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
hi guys,

i own an external mad dog media dvd rw burner model#: ME-325X. i just formated my laptop and i cannot find the driver installation CD.
i was searching online and simply could not find a driver. can you help me regarding this issue or please forward me somewhere i can find it?

thanks

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello ekikos

Iam not a GTG staff member here.. How ever i may be able to assist you in your issue

Quote: external mad dog dvd rw burner driver

By external im guessing you are talking about a " USB Type "

IF that is the case

USB enclosures do not require any driver when used in Windows XP. It a plug and play device providing the usb port is working properly.

Here's a common problem:

When usb cable is plugged in, Windows reports: New Hardware Found.
Drive is listed in Device Manager but not in My Computer or Windows Explorer.

This is because the drive has not been prepared, ie: partitioned and formatted either with Windows XP or by using the drive manufacturers preperation software.

The fix this issue: (in Windows 2000 and Windows XP)
1: Open Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools
2: Double-click Computer Management
3: Click on Disk Management (left side of screen)

Note that all connected drives will be listed on the right side of screen
displaying the status of the partitions of the usb drive. You can create a new or delete an existing partition by right-clicking on this area (in right of pane).

4: Right-click on the right area of the USB drive, then click on Create Partition. The Create partition wizard will appear.
5: Follow the instructions of Wizard to partition and format your new USB drive.

Note: Formatting a 250 gb. drive with NTSF will take about an hour... DO NOT allow anyone near the pc while this formatting is taking place.... DO NOT Allow anyone to touch the keyboard or mouse while the format process in running. Also do not browse the internet or play games. Wait til the format process ends before doing anything on the pc.

This is Providing that your usb port is working properly before installing/plugging the usb drive into the machine

Best of luck with the issue and i hope this method can be used to resolve the issue

Happy computing

Anthony