Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting PC Fonts to Mac Fonts

• Please log in to reply

bentherat

bentherat

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello,
I'm currently waiting on my new MacBook to arrive in the mail. In the meantime, I am trying to figure out what I'm going to do to transfer everything over from my PC. Think I figured out all my software but I have the most awesome collection of Fonts. I've spent years compiling them and I use them regularly.
Is there a way to convert them to Mac Fonts? Or do I have to find and download all of them again.
Thanks for any help! I've searched the internet and your site here for the answer and haven't gotten a clear one.
Sarah

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Sarah
Here is a 30 day free trial
Font converter
If you search long enough a free converter will be online.
Also
How to use True Type PC Fonts on a Mac Running OS X?
Since Mac OS X is a flavor of Unix, one could expect that this would be the end of the fonts stored in the resource fork. Indeed, for some time, it was already possible to put PC fonts (True Type as well as Type 1) in the font folder of some Adobe applications, like Illustrator and InDesign. The drawback was that the fonts were only visible for those applications, and not from all other.
To use those fonts with all applications under Mac OS X, put them in the <Mac Volume>/Library/Fonts folder if you are an administrator or <user>/Library/Fonts folder if you are a plain user. This doesn't work with Type 1 fonts.
Cheers
Peterm

Edited by peterm, 25 October 2008 - 05:14 PM.

bentherat

bentherat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Thanks so much!!