Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Drive Name in My Computer

• Please log in to reply

geekako

geekako

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello everyone. I've been using vista for a long time and i've never actually encountered this problem before. All of the sudden, the names and drive letters of my drives (both the hard disks and the optical drive and USB drives if one is plugged in) disappear. All i can see are the icons. It is not a major problem but it bugs me a little. here is an image i found in the net of a normal display in of My Computer in vista.

http://www.hanselman...a...uter[4].png

and now mine looks like this

mycomp.jpg

if anyone knows how i can make the names/drive letters show, please help me. thanks a lot guys.

Advertisements

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Tis strange eh? It seems like this is unchecked:
Open computer folder>view>choose details>name.
But my options wont let me turn it on and off, maybe yours does?.. Navigate there and check.

Tony

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Oh I found it. Go to Organize>Folder and Search options>view tab>check the ones you want(im assuming show drive letters isnt checked)

Hope it helps,
Tony