Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to view web site

• Please log in to reply

jksdelver

jksdelver

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I have a web site on my favourites which I am now unable to open it states this:-

"Connection Interrupted

The document contains no data.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

Others I have asked are able to view the site, and I have no problems with all my other favourites.

Any suggestions?

Meant to say this is on both IE& and Firefox

Edited by jksdelver, 22 October 2008 - 01:26 PM.

Advertisements

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Try pinging it. Open up command prompt, (start>run>cmd) and type in:
ping (websitename)
for example
ping www.geekstogo.com will give you 208.43.44.138. If you paste that IP into the address bar, you'll still get to geekstogo.
Best Regards,
Tony

jksdelver

jksdelver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Thanks Tony for that advice I was able to get on to the site later on but it has happened before but not for so long. I will keep print off your solution and if it happens again I will do this. I suppose I could do it this way and save that IP as the favourite

Thanks again Great log in name btw

Kevin

jksdelver

jksdelver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Tony I have tried it with the the GTG page and get the number OK but when I try the web page I was having trouble with www.phpbbserver.com/ours2/index.php the box comes up and disappears before I can check the number. Any suggestions?

Kevin

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Have you tried different browsers? For some reason, a few websites don't work on firefox for me, but I'll use IE and they will work. Vice versa as well. Weird.

But you've gotten the page to work now?

PS. Yeah, I wasn't able to ping that page either. The home page (216.224.120.24) but not past that. I don't really no much about pinging, but I'll research it later today after I get some studies done. Blaeugh, school.

PPS. Thanks for the name compliment!

Tony

Edited by IrrevocableXenophile, 23 October 2008 - 07:06 AM.

jksdelver

jksdelver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Thanks Tony

When I couldn't get in I tried both IE and FF yes I have to use both at times

Can you try to ping this and give me the number ;- http://www.phpbbserv...hp?mforum=ours2

Edited by jksdelver, 23 October 2008 - 07:27 AM.

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
It won't let me ping it further than the home page, which is basically just the free forum hosting site, that ours2 uses. I'm starting to wonder if the site has somehow been blocked for you. Are you on a network connected to other computers?
Try going here:
http://www.vtunnel.com/
and typing the url in the search box and tell me what happens.

Tony

jksdelver

jksdelver

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Are you getting the log in page? if so then you have to be a member to go any further and see the posts. Did you get the ping number? if so I would like that for future reference. I am able to get on the page now anyway.

Kevin