Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exchange acounts

• Please log in to reply

mike14

mike14

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Is there a way to have a user be able to send from two seperate address with one account?

Example: [email protected] (Primary address) needs to send a response but wants it to come from [email protected] (alias)

Edited by mike14, 22 October 2008 - 02:24 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
assuming the user has access to both accounts you can open a new mail in outlook or reply to an email, then click on the view button at the top and click on the bit that says "from field" then he can type anything he wants in the from field...OF COURSE his user has to have privileges to send from the "from" email and your exchange server (that the user is connecting his outlook to) has to be the exchange server that the other email address is from.

mike14

mike14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Right, but they only have the one account ([email protected]), can they use the alias in that account ([email protected]) to send from?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
only if they've been given permission on the exchange server to do so..

what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

mike14

mike14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I need an employee to be able to send email from 4 different address. they have their primary address and alias' to cover the other address. OUr company is now merging and certain people will need to reply to costumer emails using one of the 4 addresses depending on which division the customer is emailing.

Example: I have one account [email protected], now I have several alisas' in this account (@456.com, @789.com). I have a customer call me from one of the other divisions and I need it to look like my email came from that division.

Hope this makes sense. We tried it earlier with the alias and got an error message saying I didn't have "premission to send to this user", the acount is set to accept from everyone.