Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infared Sensor for Wireless Mouse

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have just purchased and installed a Wireless Mouse infared sensor in a USB connection on back of PC Tower but the infared light is directly in front of me on the wall and was wondering if this could be hazardous to my vision having it in direct line to my eyes.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Much like looking into the sun, staring directly into the optical light of a mouse is generally not good. Looking into the sun will blind you, whereas looking into the laser of an optical mouse will probably induce headaches but do it for extended periods and you will probably end up doing serious damage to your eyes.

Providing the light isn't a direct reflection of that from your house (such as from a mirror for example) you should be okay with its presence on the wall, providing there's other light in the room at the time thats more powerful. If the optical light is a reflection then I would suggest moving either the mouse or whatever its reflecting offf as a matter of prority.