Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After trojan-spy smit fraud.c

• Please log in to reply

Steve27526

Steve27526

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give.

I have removed trojan-spy smit fraud.c as far as I can tell. wp.* are all deleted, wp registry keys are removed and all malware, virus scans are clear.

Unfortunately I have a blank wallpaper on all accounts. I can get apps to run via task manager from a ctl-alt-del but no desktop icons, no tool bar etc is available. Also no apps run that are associated with exploring i.e. iexplorer or explorer so I can't get any apps loaded such as the tools suggested by the intro part of this site.

The error message is always saying that Windows can't find the apps.

It is as though windows is running fine but I cannot affect it. I managed to load and run Norton Systemworks and that scanned the registry and repaired several errors but the blank screen remains.

System is a Gateway 500S running XP home.

Any help much appreiated and thanks for helping us amateurs.

Regards

Steve

:tazz:

Advertisements