Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound from my speakers

• Please log in to reply

etam619

etam619

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, I just reformatted my computer and reinstalled windows and the sound card. HOwever, I still cannot hear anything form my speakers, there is no problem with my speakers because I already tried it on other devices and it works. I suppose there is a problem with my computer. would it be possible that I need a new sound card? my sound card is working properly though according to the device manager.

I have a sound blaster live! 24 bit sound card with model # SB0410

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Check:

Sound output not set to "mute" in Windows (single right-click on speaker icon in system-tray).

Sound output not set to "Digital" in Windows (Control Panel->Sounds & Audio->Advanced->Advanced

Using correct output socket for speakers on sound card (usually lime-coloured socket nearest game port on SB Live card)