Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memtest86 wont boot.

• Please log in to reply

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Im trying to test my ram because I think I have some bad memory sticks (cant set them to the advertised 2.3.2.6-1 @ 2.6v). Anyway, I go to the memtest site download the zip file extract it then made a copy on to a CD. Went into the BIOS set boot priority to the optical drive and restarted. But it wont run :) . What going on? I did get a message that some things might be lost when I burn the ISO file to the disk, does that have anything to do with it? Should I extract directly to the disk?

Thanx in advance for any help :)
-P.

Advertisements

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
http://pcsupport.abo...burnisofile.htm

What do you do with an ISO file once you've downloaded it? An ISO file is an image of a CD or DVD so to use it, you first need to burn it to a CD or DVD.

Burning the ISO image file to a CD or DVD is a bit different than just burning the file. You'll need to choose the "burn image" or "write image" option in your burning software and then choose the file.

Download Free Easy CD DVD Burner and follow the on-screen directions to install the software.