Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's going on?

• Please log in to reply

woodworks

woodworks

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
Greetings;
I am using IE 7. I got on computer yesterday and found that I could not access a certian web site. I had already been on the same computer most of the day going to different sites and was not having any problems.
I then tried to access one web site and it kept saying it could not find the page. Thought maybe I needed to reset router. That didn't help. So I went to my other computer and tried to access it from that one. It did just fine. Came back in and this one still could not find page. I then tried to access THIS web site and it too was nowhere to be found. Talked with tech's. at comcast and they spent app 1 & 1-2 hrs to then tell me it was impossible to fix it. They didn't know what was wrong.
I then got off of computer and ran malwarebytes in safe mode and then got back on and it worked fine. Absolutly great.

Got back on this morning and it continued to work just fine. I shut it down and went to work and came back and once again, it couldn't find the web page. Or this web site either. I right clicked on IE and clicked on scan with malwarebytes. It came back with 'found NO virus', or whatever it says. The bottom line is that it didn't find anything. But! when I tried to access the web sites after that, I got in. It took a little longer to load, but as you can see, I'm here.

So I am hoping someone knows about this and can help me get it fixed.

Thank you to anyone who is able to help me with this.

Advertisements