Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PIII Computer, New Hard drive, and Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

farming

farming

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys.

I am having abit of an issue. I have an old system that worked fine when I had it along time ago, I upgraded and it went in storage and wasn't being used. It needed a hard drive, so today I bought a Western Digital 160GB IDE drive for it. When I first booted up the computer, it did not find a hard drive in place. I reset it and the next boot found the hard drive, so I put the XP cd in the CD drive and it loaded and booted off the CD, it didn't get very far in the windows installation when it then told me it couldn't find a hard drive installed on my computer. Every second time I load the system it cannot find the drive, and it never lets me install windows. Can anyone help me ? I am trying to give this computer to a family that doesn't have much but its not working out just right for me.

farmer

Advertisements