Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

refresh rate

• Please log in to reply

darko2021

darko2021

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I have an Asus FN8 laptop and I can't seem to figure out how to change the refresh rate on the monitor. I have all the latest drivers for my graphics card and monitor but for some reason I can only get a 67ghs refresh rate in catalyst control center and in vista as an option. I am running vista 32 and I know that vista controls the refresh rate but when I go to change it this is the only option I have. The option to hide modes this monitor can't display isn't highlighted as well so I couldn't even check it if I wanted to. Any one got an idea as to why I can't change the refresh rate? Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
60Hz is normal for the TFT screens on laptops. TFT screens use a totally different technology than CRT monitors and do not suffer from flicker like CRT monitors. Therefore they do not require the high refresh rate that CRT monitors require. There is no good reason for wanting to increase it anyway if the display is not flickering -- that's the only purpose it serves and so is largely irrelevant for laptop screens.

Edited by phillip22, 30 October 2008 - 05:59 AM.