Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can i put in a graphics card?

• Please log in to reply

MetaStick

MetaStick

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ok here's some pictures of like the only plug in spots I found in my computer. I was wondering if I can put a graphics card into my computer? I'm completely computer ignorant, and I guess I had to learn some time.
I hope somebody can help me, I'm patient enough to wait.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Yes, that black slot in the second picture is a PCI-Express slot. So, you will need to buy a PCI-Express graphics card to put in there. The card can be either PCI-Express x16 or PCI-Express 2.0, as PCI-Express 2.0 is backwards compatible.

If you tell us why you want this graphics card and what your budget is, we could help you pick one out.

MetaStick

MetaStick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thank you for helping me.

And I wanted the graphics card for gaming, and my budget is up to 330$.

silverlight

silverlight

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
If you are going to buy a higher end video card (they usually start around $300), I would also look at PSU (power supply) requirements as well. Many of the larger cards require an extra PCI express connector.
Also if you go with a larger video card, make sure that you have enough space in your PC case as to not impede airfllow through the case.

Edited by silverlight, 29 October 2008 - 10:22 PM.

MetaStick

MetaStick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
http://www.newegg.co...-L1D-_-14130384

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130376

My friend showed me these two, they're cheap if they'd work.