Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer 7 thinks I'm in Cleveland

• Please log in to reply

tigger3370

tigger3370

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Hi. Whenever I'm on-line, my IE7 must think I'm in Cleveland because all the ads are targeted for someone living there. Is there a setting or someting I can change so it knows where I am? I'm sick of the ads for something I care nothing about.

Thanks.

Jason

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Are you in Ohio? Who is your ISP? Those ads are usually targeted based on your IP address and ISP, which helps define your location.

tigger3370

tigger3370

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
No. I'm in Northern Michigan. Our internet is through our cellphone provider, Alltel.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Apparently it's based on where your cellphone provider is providing the information from. You could try asking them if they can assign something different that would properly identify your location if you truly want the ads targeted towards your area.

tigger3370

tigger3370

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I checked out my ip address and it says Michigan. I guess I'll just have to live with it. Thanks anyway.