Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP OfficeJet R65 Printer/ Scanner Vista Driver Problem

• Please log in to reply

Tartarus

Tartarus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HP OfficeJet R65 Printer/ Scanner Driver Problem

My HP officejet R65 is an all in one machine. It works perfectly under Windows XP when connected to the parallel port.

My new computer, runs under Vista. It does not have a parallel port so I installed a parallel port PCI card .This bought the entire system down. So I’ve used a parallel to USB adaptor cable.

Using this scenario I have been able to get the Printer working but, I've have had no success with the scanner. The problem is there is no driver for the scanner. I contacted VueScan but they do not supply drivers for this model.

I manually configured the printer and this works fine until I reboot…. Windows detects new hardware and I then have to delete the printer and then add it once more.

I've had numerous emails from HP support but none have come near resolving the problem.

I’ve given up with the scanner, but can anyone suggest a way of telling Vista that my printer works and it is not new hardware.

Suggestions from HP
USB refresh
============
1)In the Computer key board, Press Windows key on your keyboard and press R key simultaneously to open the Run window.
2)In the Run window, please type devmgmt.msc and press enter, this will open the Device manager window.
3)Click the Plus (+) sign next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
4)Click the USB Composite Device entry to highlight it, and then click Action and then click Uninstall. If a screen appears to confirm the deletion, confirm the deletion.
5)Disconnect the USB cable to the all-in-one, wait a couple seconds, and then reconnect the cable. This should restart Windows device detection (Plug and Play).
6)A New Hardware found screen may appear, click Next through all of the screens that appear for the Wizard to install the USB Composite Device. Click Finish once the wizard completes.

Under the Universal serial bus controller, right click usb printing support and click uninstall. Usb port will uninstall.
Now restart the computer, it will detect all the usb devices automatically. You will a message "device ready to use". Then check the functionality.
If the issue persists, please proceed with the below stesp to install manually.
Installing Driver in Windows Vista:
===========================
1. Verify that the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable is not connected to the printer.
2. Click the Start () icon, click Control Panel, click Hardware & Sounds, and then click Printers.
3. Click Add a printer.
4. Click Add a local printer.
5. Select the Use an existing port check box.
6. In the Use an existing port drop-down list, select LPT1: (Printer Port) and then click Next.
7. Under Manufacturer on the Install the printer driver dialog box, select HP.
8. Under Printers, select the appropriate printer driver (HP Officejet R series) for the printer and then click Next.
9. In the Printer name text box, type the printer name and then click Next. The printer driver starts to install.
NOTE: The name of the alternate driver displays as the default name. Change this name to the name of your printer, if desired.
10. After the screen stating that the printer was successfully added displays, connect the USB cable to the printer and to the computer.
11. On the Found New Hardware screen, click Cancel.
NOTE: If multiple pop-up windows display, click Cancel on each window
Configure the printer
===============
1. In the printer folder, right-click on the name of the printer and then click Properties.
2. Click the Ports tab.
3. Change the port from LPT1 to USB or DOT4, as indicated in the table below.
4. Click Apply

Advertisements