Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem

• Please log in to reply

aven_steph

aven_steph

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
i didnt know exactly where to post this but here is my problem: i have a folder filled with thousands of files, some i want to keep and some i dont, im sorting through the folder to see which ones i want since my computer crashed and i used test disk to get them back. so my computer wont let me delete any. i try in safemoode and nothing i downloaded unlocker but that only lets me delete one at a time and i have many. what else can i do?

Advertisements

nessyguin

nessyguin

• Pip
  • 8 posts
You dont mention what OS you are running .What is the file type for the problem files ? What handle does Unlocker report/unlock ? Do you have access to another computer ?

My bad . I see you are running XP

Edited by nessyguin, 30 October 2008 - 09:17 PM.

aven_steph

aven_steph

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
the files types are different types...images, extension files, text files, from microsoft word etc. unlocker says no locking handle found and lets me delete it..but like i said only one at a time and i have thousands

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Download Puppy Linux from my list of links below. Download "puppy 2.16.1 seamonkey fulldrivers.ISO". Burn the ISO file to create a bootable CD. For this purpose you can download BurnCDCC from the links below. It's a very simple tool, used exclusively to burn ISO files.

Insert the disk into the CD/DVD drive and boot the computer. Use the default setting except for choosing screen resolution of 600x800 when given the option to do so. After the program is loaded click the icon that looks like flash disk. This will open the file system and will enable browsing your folders. Find the one that you want to delete from and use puppy to delete it.

If the computer doesn't boot, please set boot order in the BIOS so that the CD drive is first priority boot device. don't get into any of the exotic

aven_steph

aven_steph

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
every time i insert a blank disk it doesnt allow me to burn it...what type of blank disk does it need to be? i used a normal writable cd

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What burning program are you using?

Is your CD burner OK?

Try to burn on another computer.

aven_steph

aven_steph

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
i dont have another computer at hand....and yes it is ive burnt cds lately

aven_steph

aven_steph

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
um can i have an answer please???

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello aven_steph,

We're sorry for the delay :)

You didn't mention what burning program you used.
A normal writable disk should be fine.

Are you using the right option when burning the CD-Rom?

Regards,
Olrik