Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista OS System running very slow

• Please log in to reply

Donnaa5dcp

Donnaa5dcp

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ive got problems :-(
Overnight our PC went running very slow. RAM and processor are ok, but the machine is taking ages to repond to a mouse click and all software runs slowly booting up and using. I am currently running in safe mode with networking.
Have reloaded windows Vista overnight, still bad infact probably worse, a couple of times last night it picked up really well, but changed profiles and it was crap again!
Ive got hijack this, but the results mean nothing. Could anyone suggest a course of action.
Hubby has left me to go to old trafford today :) I need the PC! help!

I could post results of hijack this but is there any point in me running hijack this in safe mode??

Advertisements

Donnaa5dcp

Donnaa5dcp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hijack this log - running in safe mode with networking

deleted

Edited by Donnaa5dcp, 01 November 2008 - 06:14 AM.

Donnaa5dcp

Donnaa5dcp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I run a Norton Internet securtiy scan and it stuck at HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2279102648-2189364479-2094666144-1002\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Is this because Im running it in safe mode, or has it got something to do with the problem do you think?