Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Drive Mapped wrongly

• Please log in to reply

Merken1972

Merken1972

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

I recently installed Daemon tools on my laptop (Laptop is an HP Pavilion dv600 running Windows Vista). After some time, I noticed that the E:\ drive, which usually mapped to the DVD drive had disappeared. After doing some restores, the drive reappeared again but now it was set to G:\. The E:\drive is now mapping to any hardware device I plug into e.g. an external 3-mobile modem.

Is there a way I can map the DVD drive back to E;\ or should I leave everything as is as it seems that the drive has reappeared again? Also, will I have any future problems because of the fact that I installed Daemon tools?

Regards and looking forward to hearing from you,

Advertisements

adams0423

adams0423

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
You can right click "My Computer" and select Manage. In the options on the right, choose "Disk Management."

Right click on the G drive, and you should see an option for "Change Drive Letter." You can this set this back to E.

I hope this helps!

Merken1972

Merken1972

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I did as you mentioned and that seems to have done the trick. :)

Thanks for your help. :)

Hope this does not surface up again.

Merken1972

Merken1972

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

I need help again :)

When I switched on the laptop this morning, the drive has disappeared from the Windows Explorer.

What is also strange are two other things:

1. If I plug in any other peripheral they go into E: which is then shown on the computer and marked as CD Drive:

2. The F: drive (virtual drive from Daemon Tools) is marked as the CD0 - most probably somewhere it was marked as being the default drive.

Is there a way I can solve this problem so it does not surface again?

Regards and looking forward to hearing from you.

Merken1972

Merken1972

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi all,

Just to let you know that I solved it myself. :)

What I did was to switch off all the options found in the DAEMON tools. And lo and behold !!!!! The drive reappeared again.

I can only assume that when you switch all options on for the virtual drive, it behaves as if it is the primary CD/DVD drive.

Regards, :)