Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing Ask.Com as default search engine for Mozilla 3

• Please log in to reply

TechnoDumb

TechnoDumb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good morning. I found two replies on here which seem to have disposed of that piece of garbage Ask, crossing my fingers that I haven't messed up :-). One was on the first page of this thread about changing about:config and keyword:URL, and the second was about deleting the auto-update of ask from scheduled tasks (which I didn't even know existed). Thank you very much!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for your post and letting us know a past topic or topics helped you to resolve your issue. :thumbsup:
Congratulations and come back anytime you have any other issues and we will be glad to assist you.

useralex

useralex

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks, guys thread was extremely helpful, I used this video tutorial to fix it. Quite easy way. Ask.com toolbar removal

brycrip

brycrip

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
I don't see anything on the current firefox page that says "tools" And I tried Tiwul's fix and had no success. (What are you supposed to type in?) Is this thread out of date? How the heck does a non-geek get rid of ASK?
Thanks, Bry

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

I don't see anything on the current firefox page that says "tools" And I tried Tiwul's fix and had no success. (What are you supposed to type in?) Is this thread out of date? How the heck does a non-geek get rid of ASK?
Thanks, Bry

Hi brycrip,

"Ask" is much easier to remove with the special tools that are used in the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum. Please follow the instructions here beginning with Step 2, post your OTL log in a new thread in the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal forum and someone will be more than happy to help you shortly.

Thank you,

Donna :)

brycrip

brycrip

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
Thanx Donna. I'll give it a try.
Best,
Bry

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi brycrip,

You're welcome!

Whenever you have a moment to follow my instructions above, I (or one of the other members) would be more than happy to help.

Donna :)