Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ix ciu all in one HELP!

• Please log in to reply

kenventimiglia

kenventimiglia

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello all!

I am helping a friend restore an IX CIU all in one (PC/Television/FM Tuner). I have a couple of questions.

1) On the left side of the monitor (which is also the cpu) towards the top of that side is a big gap, where it looked like someone took out a component. Does anyone know what is supposed to be there?

2) There seems to not be a sound card in the machine, although it seems to have an onboard audio slot, as I see a microphone, speaker in/out on the same side as that missing part. Could the sound card just be bad? Is there a software test for a sound card I could run? Man reason for such a fuss over the sound card is that the TV function is worthless without sound.

Thanks for any input.

Ken

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
the gap is probably to give more pci slots. A couple are left empty so that you can add more stuff. The sound on the motherboard should work if not just get a new sound card. Or make sure the sound card is enabled under control panal,

kenventimiglia

kenventimiglia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
the gap is really, to big for it to be a pci slot. it looks like a hot swappable port, for like a cd rom or another bigger componant.

the cpu is not reconizing any type of audio, either on board or not. that is whats leading me to believe that the on board sound is dead. a computer like this does not have any pci slots, b/c its not supposed to be expandable like that. its supposed to be all in one.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
all computers have pci slots it is big because there is probably about 3 or 4 empty pci. But with out looking at it I can't tell. Maybe for a cd rom drive? If it is an HP computer then maybe it is for the media drive. It is like a seperate hard drive that you can take from computer to computer. It doesn't come with the computer you need to buy it seperate so that could also explain it. If you can send me a pic i could help you better.