Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with hidusb.sys for new mouse :x

• Please log in to reply

Aoteng

Aoteng

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey i just got a new USB mouse today and when i tried to install it it asked for the hidusb.sys file which i could not find in the C:\windows\system32\drivers folder what can i do?

Thanks

Edited by Aoteng, 04 November 2008 - 11:09 PM.

Advertisements

baudwalker

baudwalker

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I have never had a need for this one, but it doesn't exist on my system (XPSP3) so I would expect it comes with the drivers for the mouse (only a guess now)

I would look for a driver package to suit the make and model of the mouse you have

The file is available on the net for download (if you trust it) but most sites want paying for it

This is what makes me believe it should have come in a driver package for the mouse concerned (again using logic not first hand knowledge)

Good Luck

Baudy! :)

phillip22

phillip22

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
This file is on my system (XP-SP3). I've attached a copy.

Unzip to this folder: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Attached Files

slowtony

slowtony

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I took the time to verify the hidusb.sys file that phillip22 posted. Its size (10368) and MD5 checksum (ccf82c5ec8a7326c3066de870c06daf1) match the report on checkfilename.com for Windows XP Service Pack 3 files. Best of all, after it and mouhid.sys were each added using the Found New Hardware Wizard that launched when I plugged my new mouse into a USB port on my running Windows XP Home SP3 system, my USB optical mouse worked immediately. Thanks Phillip!