Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

userinit.exe the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142

• Please log in to reply

sal13

sal13

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
userinit.exe the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to terminate application.

Guys,

I am trying to log in my laptop, but as soon as I turn on the laptop and enter my password and hit enter i get the message "userinit.exe the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click OK to terminate application."

I have restarted a few times but same problem. I am not a wiz at this and really need someone to please help me. Would appreciate sincerely...........

Oh BTW, I have a windows XP home edition.....pls tell me if you need any further info....

Many thanks in advance....

Advertisement

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you recently update any programs or windows...add any new software or drivers/hardware
have you tried booting into safe mode yet...

Edited by happyrock, 11 November 2008 - 11:14 AM.

Broni

Broni

Krakůw my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
userinit.exe error is often caused by an infection.

Advertisement