Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan detected by Kaspersky in Windows Vista

• Please log in to reply

HLG

HLG

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I posted my problem twice a few hours ago, and I think it was accidentally deleted by an administrator or moderator. I can't find it anywhere on the forums. No one informed me if it was deleted or where my posts went. If there's a misunderstanding, please let me know.

I'm having difficulty removing Downloader.JS.Agent.cme, a trojan. It was detected by my antivirus software, Kaspersky, but the options in disinfecting or removing the file were "greyed" out. I couldn't delete the infected file.

The "object" is a url. I'm not sure what this means but I'm fairly certain the file is still in my computer. This is my THIRD time trying to get help on this site. I hope that this post is not deleted.

Please let me know if you need more information. I'd really appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Edited by HLG, 07 November 2008 - 01:42 AM.

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hello HLG,

Your posts haven't been deleted or anything sinister occurring. :)

Your first topic is here. This is in the Operating Systems » Windows Vista™ and Windows 7™ forum in which you were advised to start a new topic in the Malware Removal forum, which you have correctly done.

Second topic is here, which I have now closed as we allow you to have only one active topic open in the Malware Removal forum at a time.

I will leave this one open as your active topic so post responses to your problem in this topic.

If you do not receive help and your topic is three days old then follow the instructions in this thread to get assistance.

HLG

HLG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you! Fingers crossed someone can help..